If May was magical, June was JOYOUS at The Peters Company! It’s no surprise to us that 15% more homes sold this June than last June! We had the great pleasure of helping 25 families buy or sell homes in June!
So… How did June 2015 compare to June 2014?
- Almost Same # of Homes for Sale this June 15% More Homes Sold this June
- Foreclosures Down 2.5% to 5.2% 5-10% distressed sales is normal
- Short sales Down 5 % to 3.2% Theoretically, by 2016, all homes should be back above water
- 3.5 Months of Supply (Down 12.5% from last year) Anything under 6 months of supply is considered a sellers market
- Median Original List Price is up 6.6% to $239,400 Still rising due to low supply
- Median Sales Price is up 7.2% to $248,500 Still rising due to continued low supply
- Median Sales/List Price Ratio remains around 96.4% (Here at The Peters Co we’re at 98.4%)
- Median Days on Market is nearly flat from last year at 49 days (Here at The Peters Co we’re at 7 days on the market – Yep not a typo… 7 DAYS!!!)
And, in case you’re interested… The Metro Atlanta condo market’s very own statistics:
- Sharply Higher Condos/Townhomes Sold Compared to Last Year (Up 26.8%)
- Distressed Condo/Townhome Property Sales are Down 9.1% 2.2 Months of Supply (even lower than detached residences and a SERIOUS sellers market)
- Median Original List Price is up 8.6% to $184,500
- Median Sales Price is up 9% to $178,000
- Median Sales/List Price Ratio is slightly higher around 97.1%
- Median Days on Market is down 13.2% to 33 days on market
If you’ve been thinking of buying or selling and just want to chat about the market in your Atlanta neighborhood, we’d love nothing more than to hear from you! We can give you a free and highly accurate opinion of value. Give us a call at 404-419-3619 today!