Ahhhh! Welcome to fall. The cool crisp air is among us (in the mornings!) and we can start to enjoy the outside without sweating to death. Wonder what’s going on around town when taking a break from getting out your boots, scarves, and baking pumpkin everything? I was curious too. Here are my top 5 things to do, it’s time to dust off the boots and get out of the city for a day!
1. Georgia Apple Festival :: On October 10-17, this festival is a short drive to Ellijay, GA. With arts and crafts, a classic car show, parade, apple pie recipe contest and of course apple picking, you’ll find something for everyone in your family. Admission is only $5.00 and kids 10 and under are free. www.georgiaapplefestival.org
2. Helen Oktoberfest :: This year will mark the 45th annual Oktoberfest in Helen, which makes it the longest running in the United States! Starting on September 17 and running through November 1, you’ll find plenty of beer, brats, lederhosen! Or take a dance partner to do the polka to one of the many German-style bands that will be preforming. Tickets are $8.00 Monday–Friday, $10.00 on Saturday, and Sunday’s are free! www.helenchamber.com/Helen/
3. Georgia Mountain Fall Festival :: From October 9-17 get on up to Hiawassee, GA. Not only does this festival have all the usual things (music and arts /crafts) it also has a pioneer village and “old ways” demo. Let your kids see how and old mountain town used to look and operate in the pioneer village and learn how to quilt, make soap, or how to be a blacksmith in the “old ways” demonstrations. Tickets are $12.00 and children 12 and under are free. Parking is also free! www.
4. The Rock Ranch :: It’s a quick trip to this hidden gem in The Rock, GA. Hay rides, corn maze, pony rides, petting zoo, and pedal cars are just a few of the numerous activities The Ranch has to offer. Seriously, there are more activities than I could name, you’ll certainly spend the whole day here! This is definitely on my list for fall! Tickets are $15.00 per person (age 2 and up). www.therockranch.com
5. The Peters Co. Pumpkin Patch :: Yep! Our very own pumpkin patch for our awesome clients, friends, and families! This event is The Peters Company’s favorite event of the year! We’ll have a pumpkin for each family to take home, jumpy house, cotton candy, popcorn, and much, much, more! Mark your calendars now for October 18 and be on the lookout for your invitation in your mailbox soon! www.thepeterscompany.com
Written by Katelyn Sheffield, The Peters Company Transaction Coordinator