As a seller, there are several easy ways to make the closing go very well and exceed buyer expectations. I mean, why have a negative experience when you can have an outstanding experience?
Some ideas include:
- Have your house professionally cleaned – including all ceiling fans and the refrigerator/freezer
- Fill all the nail holes and repaint
- Mow the grass and pull weeds
- Clean out the garage and sweep clean
- Provide receipts for repairs Leave the keys and garage door openers on the counter or bring them to the closing
- Let the buyers know when trash and recycling pickups are
- Leave all the appliance manuals and/or warranty information you have
An example of some extras that sellers have done for my buyer clients in the past include leaving a bottle of wine, or flowers or a note of congratulations.
It is amazing how much good will is created when buyers do their walk through prior to closing and the sellers have made a concerted effort to leave the home in pristine condition.
Contact The Peters Company when you are ready to experience a great closing!
Written by Dore Brooks, Lead Buyer Specialist, The Peters Company