Now that the holidays are over, you might be feeling sad and like you over did it a little on your gift giving budget. If that’s you, never fear! Atlanta has some great options to get you out and about for CHEAP (or free!).
- Oakland Cemetery :: With its beautiful gardens and rich history, the Oakland Cemetery is the perfect place to spend a quiet sunny winter weekend! The Cemetery itself is free to visit. If you want a map to guide your tour, you can purchase one at the visitor center for only $5!
- High Museum :: While the tickets to the famous Infinity Mirror exhibit are sold out, you can still visit all of the awesome exhibits at the High Museum for free on the 2nd Sunday of every month from 12:00 – 5:00. Have a Bank of America card? You can get free admission the first full weekend of every month!
- Fernbank Science Center :: Not only does the Fernbank Science Center host some really cool exhibits, it also has a planetarium and observatory! The exhibits are FREE! The planetarium is $7 for adults and $5 for students, but you can typically find a Groupon for this to make it even cheaper! The observatory is only open on Thursday and Friday nights from 9:00 – 10:30 and it’s free too!!
- Georgia State Capital Building :: I had no clue that you could tour our state capital building! It’s free and there are guided and self guided options available. The building is closed on weekends and holidays, so you’ll have to go during the week for your visit.
- Parks :: It’s no secret that Atlanta has some really great parks. While you typically wouldn’t think of visiting them in the winter, we do get the occasional nice weekend where this would be a great option! Piedmont Park offers playgrounds, bike/run paths, and large open fields for throwing balls. Woodruff Park downtown offers a large chess game for guests to play!
Looking for a great deal on a new home or investment property! Let The Peters Company help! We’d love to chat with you today about your next move! 678-921-1470.
– Katelyn Sheffield